On Sunday, February 27, 2022 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Revelation 3:14-22. This message was part 9 in the “Lord of the Church” sermon series. Below you will find questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also find sermon audio and video to listen to/watch, download or share.
- Read Revelation 3:14-22
- Have you ever considered that how you live your life and the decisions you make actually MATTER to Jesus Christ? In this week’s verses He says some behavior makes Him “sick” while other behavior is motivated by His love … and He is pursuing us. How we live really maters to Him!
- In this message we talk about a lukewarm faith that is “useless.” This kind of faith may trust Jesus for our eternity, but it does not trust Him for our day to day lives. Has there ever been a time in your life where you have had a “lukewarm” or “useless” faith?
- Even though the Laodiceans were rich in this world, they were spiritually poor … but their worldly wealth prevented them from recognizing their need for Jesus. In what ways do you see any parallels with the American church today?
- How does your sense of “need” show up in your prayer life, Bible study, church attendance, etc.?
- Jesus tells the Laodiceans to “repent” and “be useful” for Him by turning to Him for true riches, righteousness, and spiritual insight. Which of these things (mentioned in 3:18) most stands out to you today?
- Jesus knocks on the doors of our churches and our lives and asks to come in and fellowship with us. Have you ever opened the door of your life to Him? Are you currently welcoming Him into every area of your life today?
- What is one particular application you took away from this passage/message?
Access these questions in pdf format by clicking here.
To listen offline, use the link below:
To listen online, use the media player:
To watch, use YouTube online to see stream: