On Sunday, February 13, 2022 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a message based on Revelation 3:1-6. This message was part 7 of the “Lord of the Church” series. Below you will find questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also find audio and video to listen to/watch, download or share.
- Read Revelation 3:1-6
- Can you think of an example from your life where someone’s reputation did not match up with their reality?
- Doe the fact that Jesus can see us from the inside out (including our spirit) encourage you or terrify you? Why or why not?
- The church at Sardis apparently was nice and moral, but not openly acknowledging or professing Jesus as their Savior. Are you ever tempted in life to conceal the fact that you are a Christ follower? What are the circumstances where you may not want your connection to Christ to be known?
- Jesus calls the silent church to WAKE UP! Yet He also calls (at least a segment of this church dead). The only hope we have to “wake the dead” is a resurrection! Thankfully Jesus is capable of such things! Where in your life do you need the Spirit to “wake you up” to deeper obedience to Him?
- Who are some examples in your life of people who boldly and openly proclaim the name of Jesus regardless of their audience? How might you learn from their behavior?
- Who might the Lord want you to talk to this week about Jesus?
- Of the promises Jesus gives to the church here, what most encourages you? Why?
- What is one particular application you took away from this passage/message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen offline, click the link to download:
To listen online, use the media player below:
To watch the stream, use YouTube online: