On Sunday, February 6, 2022 at Wildwood Community Church in Norman, OK I preached a sermon based on Revelation 2:18-29. This message was part 6 in the “Lord of the Church” series. Below you will find questions related to the message for personal reflection and group discussion. You will also find the audio/video of the sermon to listen to/watch download or share.
- Read Revelation 2:18-29
- What would you say has the strongest “gravity” in your life? Around what does your life orbit?
- Does it encourage you to know that Jesus “sees all” (good and bad) … or does that scare you? What is your honest reaction to this knowledge? Why do you react this way?
- The church in Thyatira was being influenced by a false prophetess who was encouraging compromise (Jesus + other gods). This approach would experience judgment by Jesus in a dramatic way to discourage our participation in its ways. Have you ever witnessed anything that appeared to be the judgment of God upon an unrepentant sinner in this life?
- What would it look like for you to place Jesus as the center of gravity in your own life today? What changes would you make?
- The promise of future rule and hope are extended as incentives to trust Christ today. Do either of these promises particularly encourage your heart today?
- What is one particular application you took away from this passage/message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen to sermon audio offline, click the link:
The Lord of the Church #6 2.6.22
To listen online, use the media player:
To watch the stream use YouTube online: