On Sunday, August 16, 2020 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Revelation 4-5. This message was part 3 in the “5 Follows” sermon series. Below you will find questions related to the sermon for further reflection or group discussion. Also, below you will find the sermon audio and video to listen to, watch, download, or share.
- Read Revelation 4-5
- When you think of “worship,” what do you think of? Is it something you think is important for you? Why or why not?
- In the world in which we live, there are many things that tempt us to think that God is not in control. How does the vision of heaven from Revelation 4-5 encourage you?
- The posture of those worshipping in heaven is “falling down.” In what ways do you mimic this sentiment as you worship today? (HINT: it does not HAVE to be simply falling on your knees)
- The focus of worship is God (Father, Spirit … and an emphasis on the SON!) Is the focus of your worship Jesus or something else?
- 4 Specifics were mentioned regarding ways to worship: giving, praying, singing, and obeying. Which of these actions of worship are most missing in your life today? What is one thing you can do this week to change that?
- Have you trusted in Jesus for the forgiveness of your sins? If not, why not? What is keeping you from doing so?
- What stands out to you most from this passage? Any particular takeaway?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen to the sermon offline, click the link:
To listen to the sermon online, use the media player:
To watch the video of the stream, use YouTube online: