On Sunday, February 20, 2022 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Revelation 3:7-13. This message was part 8 in the “Lord of the Church” sermon series. Below you will find questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also find the audio and video of the message to listen to/watch, download, or share.
- Read Revelation 3:7-13
- What keys do you have on your keychain? What do these keys say about your life? How does knowing the “keys” on Jesus’ “keychain” (see Revelation 1:18 and 3:7) reveal something to you about Jesus?
- The OBJECT of our faith is incredibly important. This section of God’s Word presents Jesus as someone AWESOME and worthy of our faith and trust. What do you learn about Jesus in this passage that MOST encourages you?
- Have you thought much about the fact that one day God will JUDGE this earth? Revelation 6-19 (a section of God’s Word we will look at later this year) talks about the 7 year season when God will pour out His wrath upon the earth. This era will include the “mark of the beast” and the presence of the anti-Christ. However, our passage this week reminds us that if we trust in Jesus now, we will not have to endure this season of judgment upon the earth. How is that a motivator for you to trust Christ today? How is that a motivator for you to share Christ with other’s today?
- The security of a believer is highlighted in 3:12. The believer in Jesus has assurance of His salvation and place in God’s Kingdom forever. How does this assurance encourage you in your relationship with Christ today?
- The key response indicated throughout this section of God’s Word is to “keep the Word” and “hold fast what you have received.” What are some areas where you are tempted to NOT keep the Word in your life today?
- What is one particular application you took away from this passage/message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen to audio offline, click the link to download:
To access audio online, use media player:
To watch the stream, use YouTube online: