On Sunday, January 29, 2023 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on 2 Corinthians 2:12-17. This message was the first in the “Mission: Brief” series. Below you will find questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also find the audio/video of the sermon to listen to/watch, download, or share.
- Read 2 Corinthians 2:12-17
- Have you ever heard anyone describe the Christian life as a pursuit to “healthy, wealthy, and happy”? What do you think is missing from this description?
- What are some of the challenges you are currently facing “‘round the clock” of your life?
- Paul describes a perspective that allows him to ‘round the clock and ‘round the world give thanks to God … it is the perspective of a triumphal procession. To the best of your understanding, what do you think Paul is trying to tell us with the example of the “triumph” Christ is leading us through “always” and “everywhere”?
- What are some ways you have sensed the “aroma of Christ” in the midst of the struggles or suffering of someone who was following Jesus?
- How might God be glorified through your life as you follow Christ through your current challenges?
- Your purpose in this life is to glorify God by spreading a knowledge of Christ throughout this world. How are you living that reality out in your current context? What might need to change as you live into this purpose?
- What is one particular application you took away from this passage/message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen offline, click the link to download:
To listen online, use the media player below:
To watch the video, use YouTube online: