On Sunday, January 23, 2022 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Revelation 2:8-11. This message was part 4 of our “Lord of the Church” sermon series. Below you will find questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also find the audio and video of the message to listen to/watch, download or share.
- Read Revelation 2:8-11
- In today’s message, we talked a bit about the number of Christians who have been martyred for their faith in Christ over the history of the church (70 million) … and how as many as 5,000 – 10,000 more (on average) will currently die for their faith each year. Were these numbers as you would expect them? Is there more persecution of Christians than you would have expected?
- Have you ever personally experienced any persecution for your faith in Christ? When did it occur and what happened? Whether you have experienced it in the past or not, do you anticipate experiencing persecution for your faith in Christ at some point in the future?
- We talked about 3 perspectives to encourage the persecuted Church that Jesus gives in Revelation 2:8-11. The first perspective is that of eternity. How does remembering our eternal destiny help encourage someone in the moment of their persecution?
- The second perspective is that of true riches. How does remembering what we have in Christ help the “poor” Christian today?
- The third perspective is that of the resurrection. How does the hope of resurrection encourage the persecuted Christian?
- What are you afraid of right now? Place your faith in Jesus and find the courage needed to walk forward today.
- Have you pre-decided to be faithful to Jesus unto death? What might be holding you back from making such a commitment?
- What is one particular application you took away from this passage/message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen offline, click the link to download:
To listen online, use the media player:
To watch, use YouTube online: