On Sunday, January 30, 2022 at Wildwood Community Church in Norman, OK, I preached a sermon based on Revelation 2:12-17. This message was part 5 in the “Lord of the Church” sermon series. Below you will find questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also find the audio and video of the message to listen to/watch, download, or share.
- Read Revelation 2:12-17
- To this point in your life, what would you consider as the spiritual “high point?” To what degree have you built off that moment or season, and to what degree have things faded?
- The church in Pergamum had begun to compromise by allowing false teachers a platform in their church on issues of idolatry and sexual activity. To what degree have you seen compromise like this in any churches you have participated in over the years? Are you tempted to personally compromise on these matters today?
- The solution to compromise is repentance – to turn our thinking and actions away from compromise and toward the truth. If you have been struggling with compromise, what does repentance look like for you?
- Which “sword” do you fear most: the sword of Rome or the sword of Jesus? Why?
- Jesus promises provision and intimacy to His believers. How do these promises encourage you to remain steadfast with Him in the midst of a secular society?
- What is one particular application you took away from this passage/message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here
To listen offline, click the link to download
To listen online, use the media player:
To watch the stream of the service use YouTube: