On Sunday, May 8, 2022 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Revelation 5:8-14. This message was part 3 of the “Lord of Heaven” series. Below you will find questions related to the message for further reflection or group discussion. You will also find the sermon audio and video to listen to/watch, download, or share.
- Read Revelation 5:8-14
- When you imagine heaven, what MOST excites you about it or makes you want to visit?
- The posture of heaven is bowing low before Jesus. Right now, would you consider your posture towards Jesus is more: (1) You are above Him – you want to go your own way and express your own independence; (2) You are beside Jesus – He is a good example to you, and just one of several influences in your life; (3) You are below Jesus – bowing before Him in obedience and service?
- How does the presence of prayers in 5:8 encourage you to continue to pray today even when you feel like you are not getting an answer?
- Jesus has purchased us (redeemed us) with His blood shed on the cross SO THAT we might be His, and live following Him in holiness. Is Jesus your King and Lord in your life? In what areas are you most tempted to do your own thing, instead of following Him?
- The scope of the Great Commission is visible in heaven. What are ways you can participate in helping to fulfill the proclamation of the Gospel among all the peoples of the earth?
- Have you ever contemplated that the Father and Son are working together on their plans in the world. In 5:13, they are both praised for their works together. The loving Father sent His loving Son to redeem us and invite us to follow Him and be with Him forever. How does remembering this encourage you about the security of our salvation?
- What is one particular application you took away from this passage/message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen to the sermon audio offline, click the link:
To listen online, use the media player below:
To watch the service stream, use YouTube online: