On Sunday, January 22, 2023 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on 2 Corinthians 2:5-11. This message was part 3 of the “Mission: Prep” sermon series. Below you will find questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also find audio and video from the message to listen to/watch, download or share.
- Read 2 Corinthians 2:5-11
- When was the last time you really felt like you needed the forgiveness of another? When was the last time you forgave someone? For you is it harder to forgive or to be forgiven?
- Satan’s desire to divide and devour the church through our attitudes toward sin was detailed in the message. One extreme is to avoid confronting known/public sin. Another extreme is to never forgive a repentant sinner. Do you find yourself personally falling more into one of these two ditches (either to licentiousness or judgmentalism)?
- Have you ever experienced a sin in a church or even small group you were a part of that caused pain to a large portion of the church? How was that sin handled? Was it handled at all?
- Is there someone you may need to lovingly confront about a sin issue this week?
- If someone repents, are you willing to forgive them? How does the example of Jesus compel you in this conversation about forgiving one another?
- What is one particular application you took away from this passage/message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen offline, use link below:
To listen online, use the media player:
To watch the stream, use YouTube online: