On July 16, 2023, at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a message based on 2 Corinthians 8:8-15. This message was part 2 of the “Mission:Fund” sermon series. Below you will find questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also find the audio and video of the message to listen to/watch, download, or share.
- Read 2 Corinthians 8:8-15
- Has there been a time where your “good intentions” did not translate to action? What things keep you from doing what you intend to do?
- How does the example of Jesus motivate you toward generosity to others?
- Has there been time in your life where you intended to give an offering or financial help to someone (or to some organization), and then you failed to follow through? What kept you from giving as you intended, and how does the instruction Paul gives in 1 Corinthians 16:2 help you turn your good intentions into generous investments?
- As Kent Hughes said, this is not the “Sermon on the Amount.” This is about each seeking what God would have them give towards His work. Have you recently reconsidered how the Lord wants you to be investing the resources He has entrusted to you?
- What is your plan to give financially to the work of the Lord? Have you ever considered giving to your local church? Find resources and opportunities to give at wildwoodchurch.org/give
- Prayerfully consider participating (by voting) in our Mission:Fund special program. Wildwood will be sending money to 5 projects around the world this summer. Vote and let us know where you want them to go – wildwoodchurch.org/fund (vote between now and August 4)
- What is one particular application you took away from this message?
To access these questions in pdf format click here.
To listen to message offline, click the link:
To listen online, use media player below:
To watch online, use YouTube: