On July 23, 2023, at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a message based on 2 Corinthians 8:16-9:5. This message was part 3 of the “Mission:Fund” sermon series. Below you will find questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also find the audio and video of the message to listen to/watch, download, or share.
- Read 2 Corinthians 8:16 – 9:5
- What has been your experience with appeals to give and churches/Christian ministries? Has it been positive? Negative? What made you feel the way you did about it?
- What is the connection (in your experience) between “trust” and “giving”?
- Paul builds trust with the Corinthians about the handling of finances by revealing to them who would be handling the funds, what they were going to do with it, and why it was important. In this message we talk a bit about Wildwood’s handling of finances. Did anything encourage you? Surprise you?
- Are you regularly giving to the work of the Lord/ministry? If so, what encourages you to do so. If not, what obstacles are in your way from participating in grace giving? NOTE: If you are interested in more information about giving or ways to give at Wildwood, visit wildwoodchurch.org/give
- Prayerfully consider participating (by voting) in our Mission:Fund special program. Wildwood will be sending money to 5 projects around the world this summer. Vote and let us know where you want them to go – wildwoodchurch.org/fund (vote between now and August 4)
- What is one particular application you took away from this message?
To access these questions in pdf format click here.
To listen to message offline, click the link:
To listen online, use media player below:
To watch online use YouTube: