On Sunday, August 15, 2021 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Galatians 5:13-15. This message was part 2 in the “New Power” sermon series. Below you will find questions related to the message for personal reflection and group discussion. You will also find the sermon audio and video to listen to/watch, download, or share.
- Read Galatians 5:13-15
- We have seen in our study of Galatians that salvation is through Jesus ALONE, not Jesus plus one more thing. This means that we don’t need to do anything beyond believe in order to inherit eternal life. Some hear this message and object, “But if you make THOSE the terms of our relationship with God, people will just live terrible lives and continue in sin!” Have you ever thought this? Have you ever heard anyone say this? How does Galatians 5:13-15 address this issue?
- Paul’s argument in 5:13 appears to center around WHO we are living for. Are we living for our own selfish desires or for others? If you were to do an inventory on your life today, how would you answer the question, “Who are you living for?”
- Think of a number of kinds of sins that you are aware of. How would “loving your neighbor as yourself” prevent you from committing that type of sin?
- Love is not just an emotion, but a commitment to devote yourself to the best interests on another. What evidence do you see of this type of attitude among Christians you know? Is this attitude in you?
- What are some practical ways you can serve your brothers and sisters in Christ this week?
- What stands out to you most from this message? Any particular takeaway?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here
To listen offline, click the link below:
To listen online, use the media player below:
To watch the stream, use YouTube online: