On July 9, 2023 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a message based on 2 Corinthians 8:1-7. This message was part 1 of the “Mission:Fund” sermon series. Below you will find questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also find the audio and video of the message to listen to/watch, download, or share.
- Read 2 Corinthians 8:1-7
- How do you determine a “generous” gift? Is it a specific dollar amount, or does it vary based on the resources available to the one giving it (or some other criteria)?
- The Macedonians are held up as an example of exemplary giving. This is intended to motivate BOTH the Corinthians AND us today toward generosity in our giving. Who are some other examples of giving that God has used to motivate you over the years?
- What is your general attitude toward giving? Do you find yourself “eager to give” or are your more reluctant? Why do you think this is?
- The Macedonians gave sacrificially. Does your giving truly “cost you” something? What role does sacrifice play in your giving?
- What is your plan to give financially to the work of the Lord? Have you ever considered giving to your local church? Find resources and opportunities to give at wildwoodchurch.org/give
- Prayerfully consider participating (by voting) in our Mission:Fund special program. Wildwood will be sending money to 5 projects around the world this summer. Vote and let us know where you want them to go – wildwoodchurch.org/fund (vote between now and August 4)
- What is one particular application you took away from this message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen to the message offline, click the link:
To listen online, use media player below:
To watch online use YouTube: