On September 3, 2023, at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a message based on 2 Corinthians 10:1-18. This message was part 1 of the “Mission:Own” sermon series. Below you will find questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also find the audio and video of the message to listen to/watch, download, or share.
- Read 2 Corinthians 10:1-18
- Have you ever been exposed to Christian leaders who did not seem very “Christian”? How about leaders who were more Christ-like? What made the difference between the two?
- How have you imagined the Apostle Paul looking and sounding? Does it surprise you that the Corinthian opponents of Paul pointed out negatives about his appearance and public speaking?
- This morning, we talked about how this passage gives us some things to think about when we are looking for a church home or a ministry to connect with. These were: don’t rely only on a “first look,” examine what the primary weapon is that they are wielding, discerning if the leaders of the church are looking to build others up or simply to control, is the leadership walking the walk or just talking the talk, and who is the hero of the congregation? Using that grid, evaluate the spiritual influences/church in your life to see how they/it stack up. Anything stand out?
- Also this morning, we talked about how we can learn from Paul’s model as we “own” the mission Christ has for us. We saw how we need to know where the power lies, know who the hero is, know who you are following, and know who commends you. How does remembering these things help you as you serve Jesus with your life?
- What is one particular application you took away from this message?
To access these questions in pdf format click here.
To listen to message offline, click the link:
To listen online, use media player below:
To watch online use YouTube: