On Sunday, March 27, 2022, Teaching Pastor Bruce Hess’ message is “The End Ahead” from our sermon series “Remember, Judgment is Coming”. Below are some questions for your personal or group reflection.
1. Have you ever heard of the New Madrid fault zone before? Generally, where is it and how does it compare to the San Andreas fault zone in California? If another 8.8 quake (like in 1812) were to happen now how much more damage do you think might occur? [Note that the modern city Memphis was founded in 1819].
2. Bruce mentioned at the start that God has always been orchestrating history (He’s large and in charge). He then read from Revelation 1:1 and 4:1 where God states these future events “must take place.” Why must they? What does this tell us about our God?
3. Bruce spent some time clarifying the nature of The Day of the Lord (it’s mentioned in verse 10). If you had to explain its significance to someone else—how would you explain it? Expand on it some.
4. What are some of the reasons why the nation of Israel existing back in their land is such a super sign of approaching end time events?
5. Verse 10 and verse 12 stress that one day the heavens and the earth are going to be dissolved and destroyed with fire. Knowing that God gave stewardship over the earth to Adam and that we are called to be stewards of what God has given—what is the balance between concern for the environment and the truth that this world is temporary? Discuss.
6. Bruce said prophetic truth is not given to us by God merely for information. Rather, He does it for our spiritual motivation. What does that mean for our everyday lives?
7. Take some time to pray: 1) to thank God for His sovereignty 2) to pray for one person that you know who does not know Jesus as their Rescuer.