On Sunday, July 3, 2022, Teaching Pastor Bruce Hess’ message is “Spiritual Gifts” from our sermon series “Devinely Designed to Serve”. Below are some questions for your personal or group reflection.
- What are some of your favorite aspects of God’s divine handiwork in this world? Bruce mentioned majestic mountain scenes, sunsets ablaze with colors, and the intricacies of individual snowflakes. What others might you include? Explain some
- The core passage from part 1 of our series on being Devinely Designed to Serve is Ephesians 2:10. Read it out loud. Read it again and this time put your name in the verse (e.g., Bruce is His workmanship… so that he would walk in them. Do you believe that? Why do we sometimes struggle believing that concept?
- Ray Stedman said, “The whole subject of spiritual gifs is the lost treasure of Christianity.” Why is that? What should we do to “recover” that lost treasure?
- Bruce stated that the truth about each one of us receiving a spiritual gift(s) alleviates what he called the “I have nothing to offer syndrome.” Why do we sometimes feel like we have little to offer in serving others?
- Bruce cited several verses that exhort believers about spiritual gifts. As honestly as possible, might the Holy Spirit be using one of the verses below as directed at/or descriptive of you? Elaborate
- Don’t neglect the spiritual gift that is in you (1 Timothy 4:14)
- As you’ve received a spiritual gift employ it in serving one another (1 Peter 4:10)
- Rekindle the gift of Gid which is in you (2 Timothy 1:6)
- Prayerfully be asking yourself this week: How can I serve and invest in others?