On Sunday, July 14, 2019, Teaching Pastor Bruce Hess’ message is “CORE Truth: God is Always There!” from Psalm 139. Below are some questions for your personal or group reflection.
- Share if you have had a favorite comic strip over the years and tell why you enjoyed it so much.
- Bruce pointed out that life has numerous valleys, many of which are dark places with imposing shadows. Reflect on and share about a dark valley that you experienced and how God helped you through it.
- Linus’ line in the message’s highlighted Peanuts cartoon is: Sound Theology has a way of doing that (taking a load off of one’s mind). Why is that true?
- What is the difference between omnipresence and pantheism?
- Remember the repeating phrase from multiple passages: He will not fail you or forsake you ? Why do you think God repeats that statement so often? What are some ways that the author of Hebrews adds depth to it in Hebrews 13:5?
- The core truths that God knows me and He is always there when knit together underscore God’s providence in your life and mine. Yet, we can oftentimes feel abandoned by God. Why?
- It is exciting to ponder that no matter what happens in the future God has already been there. How best can we remind ourselves of that truth?
- Core Truth helps to invigorate and strengthen our worship. Spend some time worshipping God either through prayer or song.