On Sunday, November 28, 2021 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Psalm 98. This message was part one of the “Joy to the World” series. Below you will find questions related to the message for group discussion or personal reflection. Additionally, you will find the sermon audio and video to listen to/watch, download, or share.
- Read Psalm 98
- In your opinion, when is it too early to begin to celebrate Christmas?
- “Joy to the World” was written by Isaac Watts and is based on Psalm 98. This Psalm (and Watts song) reflect on the past, present, and future of God’s people. Take a moment to list out some of the things people can learn about God regardless of where they live in the world.
- Why do you think we are commanded to sing to the Lord concerning His salvation with our voices and with instruments, etc. In other words, what do these elements ADD to our experience of relating to God?
- What are some ways you can “fill your home with the songs of the Lord” this Christmas?
- What are some evidences you see in the world today of the “curse” mentioned in Genesis 3 and “Joy to the World’s” third verse?
- What are you looking forward to most about the return of Jesus to the earth one day?
- What is one particular application you took away from this message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen offline, click the link to download:
To listen online, use the media player below:
To watch the stream, use YouTube online:
NOTE: For Christmas 2021, we have an audio playlist prepared for the Christmas season (access it here):
For 2021 we have prepared a Christmas devotional book – “Joy to the World.” Access the entire devotional and download your free copy by clicking here.