Questions for Reflection
God Passionately Cares for me!
Luke 15: 11-32
- Someone has said: There is power in story. Why is it that relating a story often carries with it greater impact than simply stating facts?
- Charles Dickens called the parable of the Prodigal son, The greatest short story ever. In your estimation, why would he conclude that?
- What are some of your favorite parts of the story? Elaborate.
- The message title was: God passionately cares for me! Why is it we often doubt that?
- Bruce said, “Self-indulgence always leads to disaster.” Why is that true?
6. Bruce mentioned three steps on the road back. They all began with “R.” What were they?
- The Pharisees were an intriguing group. What was their fatal flaw?
- Do you know a “prodigal” (someone in your family or circle of friends who has stepped away from Jesus)? Take some time to pray that God might “make them hungry;” that they might “come to the end of their rope” and return to their spiritual Father.
- Read out loud and reflect on the following verse:
The Lord your God is with you
He is mighty to save
He will take great delight in you
He will quiet you with His love
He will rejoice over you with singing Zephaniah 3:17 (NIV)
In prayer, thank Jesus for passionately caring for you.