On Sunday, October 22, 2023, Teaching Pastor Bruce Hess’ message is Part 2 from our sermon series “The Power of Love”. Below are some questions for your personal or group reflection.
- Outside of God and your family, share three things that you would say you “love”!
- In our culture, so much of our concept of love is built around the dimensions of passion and/or affection. Why is it that those forms of love are not commanded in Scripture?
- When it comes to your relationships, when are you most easily irritated? Be transparent.
- Love is patient (with people). Rate yourself honestly on the “patient scale” from 1 to 10 (ten being the highest). What steps could you take to increase your expression of patience toward people in your life?
- John Sanderson has said this: “The reason impatience is such a noxious weed is because it leaves God out of our thinking.” How has God shown patience toward you? (Make a list)
- Love is kind. Rate yourself honestly on the “kindness scale” from 1-10 (ten being the highest).
- Kindness can be expressed both in kind deeds and kind words towards others. Are you generally stronger expressing kind deeds or kind words. Why?
- What are some practical steps you can take this week to strengthen both where you are strongest and weakest
- Our model in the love arena of patience and kindness is God’s love for us. Spend some time in prayer rehearsing and reviewing God’s patience and kindness toward you.