Five big facts that we cannot forget:
1. Jesus is King. That is who He is … King Jesus. Technically, King of Kings Jesus.
2. And King of Kings Jesus is fully God AND fully man – a paradox our logic can’t package and confine, but truth none-the-less. The omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent One came to earth.
3. The King of Kings Jesus, the Son of God, came to the earth and died on the cross for the sins of humanity so that we might be redeemed from the bondage of our sins and the death they demand and reconciled to God.
4. King of Kings Jesus, the Son of God, who died for our sins, is currently reigning from heaven right now over the hearts and lives of His followers. Christians are not just people who are a part of a belief system or who attend a social club on the weekends. They are a purchased people who are citizens of a DIFFERENT KINGDOM THAN ANY KINGDOM OF THIS WORLD. Their ultimate allegiance is to God, not any other man. This means that our salvation is a free gift, but our current life is intended to follow and obey the God who loves us and gave Himself for us.
5. King of Kings Jesus, the Son of God, who died for our sins, and is currently reigning from heaven over the hearts and lives of His followers, has commissioned us to proclaim His Gospel message among all the peoples of the earth. This is why we are still here. To demonstrate through our lives what our King’s love and life looks like, and to pronounce with our words the way that all can connect and follow Him as well. And this message is to go out to every tribe, tongue, and nation. That is not an optional activity … it is the true scope of the mission.
These 5 facts must never be forgotten.
And … to help us remember it, songs are being sung about them right now in heaven. If you strain your ear you can hear it? What, you can’t make out the tune or the lyric? Then tune your heart to Revelation 5:8-14, and turn the dial of your schedule to Wildwood Community Church at 8:30, 9:45, or 11:00 this Sunday morning as we will be amplifying this heavenly song for all to hear. You can’t miss this. Join us Sunday, and bring friends for the third and final part of our “Lord of Heaven” series. See you then … and bring friends.