On Sunday, January 9, 2022 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Revelation 1:9-20. This message was part 2 in the “Lord of the Church” series. Below you will find questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also find audio and video from the message to listen to/watch, download, or share.
- Read Revelation 1:9-20
- Has there ever been a time/circumstances in your life where you wondered where God was or if He had forgotten you? Are you in one of those moments/experiencing some circumstances like this right now?
- How does remembering what the Apostle John had experienced and was going through help you to understand more the significance of the vision Jesus gives him in Revelation 1?
- While there are specific meanings to all the symbols in the appearance of Jesus in today’s passage, we should pause for a moment and allow the ART of His appearance to sweep over us (not just the science of breaking down the symbolism). We should rest in our relationship with Him for a moment (instead of just finding the religious significance). Jesus revealed Himself to us in this glorious vision to elicit certain emotions in us. How does this vision of Jesus prompt you to respond?
- What are you going through right now that you can face when you remember that HE (the Jesus of Revelation 1) is with you?
- In what ways can you practically “fall” before Him this week?
- Are you trusting Jesus for your eternity? Remember He has the keys to life beyond death!
- The church is pictured in this vision as a lamp stand. Have you ever had any experience with a church that functioned in this fashion? In what ways can the light of Jesus shine through you and our church in the year ahead?
- What is one particular application you took away from this passage/message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen offline, click the link to download:
To listen online, use media player below:
To watch the stream, use YouTube online: