On Sunday, July 2, 2023, Teaching Pastor Bruce Hess’ message is “Celebrating the Cross” from our sermon series “Unpacking the Gospel”. Below are some questions for your personal or group reflection.
1. Read Revelation 5:9-10. Look back over those verses which describe God’s work in redemption and make note of these ideas:
– the cost of redemption
– the act of redemption
– the extent of redemption
– the immediate result of redemption
– the ultimate consummation of redemption
2. Bruce has been saying that regular gratitude for the Gospel is what:
– catalyzes a daily attitude of worship
– energizes our drive to serve God
– stimulates our desire to share the Gospel
Take some time to brainstorm practical ways you can refresh your gratitude for the Gospel
3. Discuss what you would include in explaining the Gospel to someone you know. What’s the bad news and what’s the good news? What response to the Gospel does God require?
4. What are your favorite verses from Psalm 103? Elaborate.
5. Explain the imagery behind of the statement in 103:12 “as far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us.
6. Why is knowing you’re forgiven so significant?
7. Spend some moments in prayer to “Bless the LORD, o my soul” for all the salvation benefits he has brought you.