On Sunday, October 15, 2023, Teaching Pastor Bruce Hess’ message is Part 1 from our sermon series “The Power of Love”. Below are some questions for your personal or group reflection.
1. Bruce mentioned three classic songs about love. What other songs about love come to your mind?
2. In chapter 13:1-3 Paul clearly emphasizes this principle: If I __________, but do not have love, it means nothing.
Brainstorm a list of practices or actions that could fill in the blank.
3. We all can have many different reasons for being tempted to boast about our self to others. What situations tend to most tempt you to be boastful? Be honest!
4. When you come to church; small group; or a Sunday class, do we approach those times more often with the mindset “this is about me,” or with the mindset “this is about serving others?” Why is that? What can we do to avoid the former and be more consistent with the latter?
5. How does 1 Peter 4:10-11 apply to this discussion?
6. Bruce said that “Love in the N.T. comes in the shape of a cross.” What would you say that means?
7. Spend some time in prayer asking God to show how we can better reflect His love to others in our world.