On Sunday, April 30, 2023 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a message based on 2 Corinthians 5:11-15. This message was part 3 of the “Mission: Endure” sermon series. Below you will find questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also find the audio and video of the message to listen to/watch, download, or share.
- Read 2 Corinthians 5:11-15
- What are some “reasons for obedience” that have motivated you in different settings of your life (at home as a child, at work, on a sports team, etc.)?
- In what way is the “fear of the Lord” a motivator for you today? Does knowing you will see Jesus one day face to face impact the way you live your daily life?
- Paul’s knowledge that he would see Jesus face to face one day motivated him to share the Gospel with the Corinthians (and others) today. Does knowing YOU will see Jesus again one day motivate you to engage in Christ’s mission in the world? What is one or two ways you can engage in ministry and evangelism this coming month?
- The love of Jesus “controlled” Paul. What would you say “controls” you? How does reflecting on Jesus’ love for you motivate you to follow Him today?
- Can you think of any reasons “why not” to follow Jesus? Write out any reasons you think you might not follow Him and put them on an index card. Then revisit that list as you study the Scripture. If there is something on your list today that is keeping you from following Christ, ask yourself once a week for the next month – “Is this a good reason to not follow Him?” Most of our reasons “don’t age well” … in that over time, we realize that our reasons are nothing compared to His great love for us!
- What is one particular application you took away from this passage/message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen offline, click the link below to download:
To listen online, use the media player below:
To watch, use YouTube online: