On Sunday, April 3, 2022, Teaching Pastor Bruce Hess’ message is “Final Perspective” from our sermon series“Remember, Judgment is Coming”. Below are some questions for your personal or group reflection.
1. A fun trivia question. In how many non-Terminator movies has Sylvester Stallone reprised the line, I’ll be back? Never. Twice. Four times. Eight times. Ten Times?
[either google the answer or look at the bottom of the page]
2. Bruce stated that Scripture indicates that the Body of Christ, the church, will not be subject to the End Times Wrath of God. What passages were cited to support that?
3. Noting that a pre-tribulation Rapture effectively snatches the church out of this world before the Day of the Lord commences, what insight does that give us into why Paul would describe the future rapture as “the blessed hope” in Titus 2:11-13? Discuss.
4. Some critics of the pre-tribulation Rapture claim that promoters of it are misleading believers by actively implying that they won’t experience great difficulty and persecution. How would you respond to that claim?
Not being subject to God’s End Times Wrath does not mean that a believer won’t be subject to “wrath” from other sources. What would some of those other sources be? Elaborate.
5. Why is it that integrity for a follower of Jesus is so important?
6. Have you ever witnessed some teacher distorting/twisting Scripture, yanking it out of context to get it to say what they desire it to say? If yes, expand on that some.
7. Peter concludes with a double parting exhortation in vs. 17-18
1) Be on your guard (17) 2) Keep on growing (18)
Why are those exhortations so vital?
Practically, how do we continue to Be on Guard?
Practically, what does it look like to Keep on Growing?
8. If you were to write a short job description for a royal ambassador of Jesus here on earth, what are some the elements you’d include?
9. Take time to give praise and honor to Jesus as Peter does in 3:18b.