On Sunday, September 26, 2021, Teaching Pastor Bruce Hess’ message is “The Reality of Danger” from our sermon series “Be Aware!”. Below are some questions for your personal or group reflection.
1. Peter paints a picture that false teachers will come and should be anticipated by followers of Jesus. What causes that and why do you think Peter was so assured it would happen?
2. How aware of the Secular Social Justice Worldview were you before Sunday’s message?
What, if any, manifestations of the tenets of the SSJ Worldview have you seen/heard? Elaborate.
3. Were you aware that the SSJ Worldview traces directly back to the atheistic secularists at the Frankfurt school in Germany? Should that make a difference? Why or why not?
4. How does Ezekiel 18:20 apply to some of the rhetoric popular in some circles today?
5. In what ways does false teaching discredit and defame the gospel? (vs. 2b)
6. As a follower of Jesus how should Colossians 2:8 be applied in our life? Share ideas.
7. What are some practical ways you can live out our call to be salt and light in our world?
8. Pray 2 Timothy 2:24-26 before the Lord for you and your family.