On Sunday, December 13, 2020 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Luke 2:8-20. This message was part 3 of “The Gift” sermon series. Below you will find questions related to this message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also find audio and video from the message to listen to/watch, download or share.
- Read Luke 2:8-20
- In the Santa Claus story, he only gives gifts to those on the “nice” list. How is this different from the hope for THE GIFT that we have in Jesus?
- While (at first glance) we have little in common with the Shepherds (i.e. most of us do not raise animals for living), we share a spiritual connection with them. Based on what you heard this morning, what is that spiritual connection?
- Have you ever done something that has made you feel “dirty” and “out in the field”? How does this interaction with the shepherds remind you that Jesus has invited you “in”?
- Jesus’ birth leads GOOD NEWS FOR ALL THE PEOPLE. In what way is the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus “good news”?
- Have you ever struggled with sustaining your belief because of academic concerns? Have you ever investigate the evidence behind the life of Jesus? Check out Lee Strobel’s “The Case for _______” series or Moody and Boa’s “I’m Glad you Asked” to explore further.
- What stands out to you most from this passage? Any particular takeaway?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen offline, click the link:
To listen online, use the media player:
To watch, use the YouTube stream online:
This sermon is part of the 2020 Christmas series at Wildwood. We have also prepared a Devotional Book, “The Gift.” Access the entire devotional and download your free copy by clicking here.
Wildwood has put together a list of Christmas songs in a playlist found on Apple Music and Spotify at the following links:
- Apple Music Playlist: Wildwood Community Church Christmas 2020
- Spotify Playlist: Wildwood Community Church Christmas 2020