On Sunday, July 26, 2020 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Philippians 4:10-20. This message was part 3 in the “(Your World) Peace” sermon series. Below are a set of questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion. Also, below you will find the sermon audio & video, plus the sermon slides to listen to, watch, download, or share.
- Read Philippians 4:10-20
- How have you most recently filled out this sentence, “If I just had ________, then I would be happy”? If you got the thing that you referenced in the blank, did it produce a lasting contentment in your soul? Why or why not?
- Which “tent” are you currently living in? Discontent, or Content?
- Paul sees His relationship with Jesus (demonstrated through a dependent, obedient walk with Him) as the “secret” to living in contentment. Have you ever experienced His strength empowering you to contentment, regardless of the circumstances? If so, when? Describe that time.
- The Philippians consistent, generous, and strategic gifts to Paul are celebrated throughout this section of Scripture. Have you determined to also give consistently and strategically of your finances to the Lord’s Work in our community and around the world? If so, what has been your experience living this life of generosity? If not, what has prevented you in the past from participating?
- What is your plan for giving of your finances to the Lord’s work?
- What stands out to you most from this passage? Any particular takeaway?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen to the sermon offline, click the link to download:
To listen online, use the media player below:
To watch the video, use the YouTube stream online: