On Sunday, August 11, 2019 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Psalm 23 entitled “Following our Shepherd.” Below are a set of questions related to the message for further reflection or group discussion.
- Read Psalm 23:1-6
- Who are some of the “shepherds” in your life? In other words, who are you trusting, listening to, allowing to guide you? If you followed them this year, where do you think they will take you?
- David reminds us that THE LORD HIMSELF is our “shepherd.” In what ways is the LORD a superior “shepherd” to any of the other voices/leaders in your life?
- What are some of the ways that you have seen the Lord provide for your needs in the past? How does remembering what the Lord has done in your life, encourage you to trust Him more this year?
- What “valley of deep darkness” are you walking through right now? How does knowing the Lord is WITH YOU, encourage you to not fear today?
- In this life, we are not removed from the vicinity of our “enemies” . . . yet the Lord can still bless us even in the shadow of these challenges. Can you think of a time when you were blessed by God, even in the midst of trials?
- What is one particular application you took away from this message?
To access these messages in pdf format, click here.