On Sunday, June 30, 2019, Care Pastor John Abernethy’s message at Wildwood Community Church in Norman, OK was “New Creation Ambassadors: The Old Has Gone, The New Has Come” from 2 Corinthians 5:16-21. Below are some questions for your personal or group reflection. If you have questions or comments, feel free to email John at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Read 2 Corinthians 5:16-21
3. Verse 17 is a powerful truth about our new life in Christ! Why is it encouraging and powerful to know “the old has gone?”
4. What does it mean to be reconciled to God. How does that happen?
5. Reflect on Jesus’ death one the cross for you. He was “made sin,” having God’s wrath poured out on Him for you! Have you ever accepted that payment that was made in your place?
6. Imputed means “credited.” Verse 21 describes 2 imputations-your sin to Christ and what is the second one? Given that truth, how does God “see” Christians?
7. Give the definition of an ambassador. Now give a definition of being an Ambassador for Christ. How are you doing at representing your King?
8. What is one particular truth or application you took away from this message?