On Sunday, December 24, 2017 in our morning worship services, I preached a message based on Luke 2:8-20. This message was part 4 in the “Mary’s Christmas” series. Below, you will find a series of questions related to this message for personal reflection or group discussion.
- Read Luke 2:8-20
- Do you find yourself impacted by the Christmas season? In what ways are you impacted this time of year?
- In what ways is the birth of Jesus “Good News of Great Joy” from your perspective?
- Who are some people you know who may be tempted to feel that the good news of Christmas is “not for them”? How does this passage encourage those who may feel far away from God?
- Jesus is God, but He also humbled Himself to take on humanity at His birth . . . something that eventually make it possible for Him to die for our sins. How does remembering the identity of Jesus help you understand more the significance of what we celebrate at Christmas?
- Have you ever responded by faith to God, trusting Jesus Christ to be your Lord and Savior? If so, when? If not, why not? Would you consider trusting Him this Christmas?
- What is one particular application you took away from this passage/message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To access the free 25 day Christmas devotional, click here.