Life is always busy, isn’t it? It seems like we are always running from one thing to the next . . . ESPECIALLY THIS TIME OF YEAR! With December comes holiday parties, Christmas shopping, travel, etc. It is good stuff, but often (in the midst of it all) we forget to focus on the reason for Christmas – Jesus Himself.
To help us focus on Jesus during the Christmas season this year, I have written a 25 day devotional guide (one short reading each day between December 1-25.) This devotional guide covers 3 primary areas:
- 9 Days reflect on the Old Testament Prophecy about the birth of Jesus (did you know the Bethlehem birth was “in the works” for thousands of years before it happend?)
- 7 Days reflecting on stories behind some of our favorite Christmas carols. (Did you know that Charles Wesley wrote – but never sang – the famous song “Hark the Herald Angels Sing”?)
- 9 Days reflecting on the New Testament accounts of Jesus’ birth. (What’s up with the Shepherds, wise men, and Caesar Augustus?)
You can access these devotions in one of 3 ways:
- You can visit this blog daily between December 1-25 to get the latest installment.
- You can download the entire devotional in pdf format by clicking here
- You can download the entire devotional in epub format by clicking here.
Also, if you are in the Oklahoma City metro area, join us at Wildwood Community Church for worship each Sunday during the month of December. I will be preaching a Christmas series entitled “Mary’s Christmas: Treasuring His birth from her perspective.” Hope to see you soon!