On Sunday, December 10, 2017 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Luke 1:39-45. This message was part 2 of the “Mary’s Christmas” series. Below you will find a set of questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion.
- Read Luke 1:39-45
- Imagine you were Mary. You have just learned that you are pregnant with Jesus. How would a visit to your cousin Elizabeth be an encouragement to you?
- What are some times in your life where you have been encouraged by the presence of another person during a time of challenge or joy?
- Can you think of a situation right now in the life of someone you know where you feel prompted by God to simply be a “presence” in that person’s life? What can you do this week to encourage that person?
- Near the end of the message today, a simple 4 step process was laid out for following Mary’s example of faith. Pick one area of your life that is a particular challenge to you right now and run it through the 4 point grid discussed in the message:
- What do I feel/think about _______?
- What does God say about ______?
- I choose to believe what God says about _________.
- Live consistent with that belief & be blessed.
7. What is one particular application you took away from this passage/message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To access the free 25 day Christmas devotional, click here.