On days when Kimberly has to have her lab work drawn, we must be at Integris Baptist Medical Center around 7:00 AM. Since she had lab done twice this week, Kimberly, Josh, and myself have had two early morning adventures. Believe it or not, it has been pretty fun! We scoop Josh out of bed in his jammies, drive up to the hospital, have Kimberly’s lab work drawn, then all have breakfast together in the cafeteria. For a family that can’t go out in public together right now (due to Kimberly’s immuno-suppression medications, she is not allowed in public places for a few weeks), these hospital trips have been our only family outings so we have made the most of them.
Today, Kimberly stayed to have an appointment with the surgeon after lab work. I left her there to take Joshua to the Dentist while a friend was going to pick Kimberly up and take her home. While waiting for Josh’s Dental appointment to be over, I texted Kimberly to see how her appointment went. This is what she texted back, “Things look good, I’m about to call Dr. B to get trach removed, I can get lab in Norman wed morn and then drive myself here thurs. Good appt! (Labs looked good too). I’m praying for you and Josh.”
What a great text message to receive for a variety of reasons:
- The trach is coming out (great news on two fronts — no more trach AND surgeon does not think additional surgery is needed).
- Lab in Norman means less time on the road to OKC.
- Kimberly driving to her next checkup means she is cleared to drive, another sign of recovery from surgery.
- Lab work good = kidney working well.
- Praying for Josh and I = awesome . . . cavities being filled, so we needed it.
Thanks for praising God with us for this great news!