Well, it is 5 PM on Tuesday. Though my last update was only two hours ago, I wanted to share a few highlights in bullet form so that my friend Courtney might read it and enjoy it 🙂 :
- Kimberly passed her swallow test and has been cleared to take oral pain medication (which should help) and eat dinner. The dinner she got to eat was her first that was not a part of a “renal diet” in over six months! Potato soup and chocolate pudding never tasted so good.
- Kimberly’s doc got to look at the results of the ultrasound and blood work and feels that the bleeding has not gotten worse today and is not obstructing the new kidney in any way. The new kidney is doing great! Praise God.
- Please also pray that Kimberly can take good deep breaths. This will help with her lungs post-surgery, but it is painful and tough with the trach and the incision.
- Angie got to come down to visit Kimberly this afternoon in a wheel chair. This was the first time they had seen each other since just before they wheeled Angie back for surgery yesterday morning. It was simply awesome to see them talking together. Made my heart leap.
- Angie is experiencing more pain and nausea. Please pray that she gets to feeling better soon. Also pray that all her body systems will begin to work normally again after surgery.
- Kimberly is still in pain also, and both she and Angie need some rest. Please pray that they would both get good rest tonight.
Thanks everyone for your prayers and support. God is good and He is at work in our neck of the woods.
More updates as things develop. . .