On Sunday, April 17, 2022 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on John 20:24-31. This message was a part of our Easter Sunday celebration. Below you will find questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also find the audio and video of the message to listen to/watch, download or share.
- Read John 20:24-31
- What are some common doubts and questions about God, faith, and Jesus that you have heard from others? What are some of the doubts and questions that YOU have had (or currently have) about God, faith, and Jesus?
- What do you notice most about the way Jesus responds to Thomas? Is there any part that surprises you? Does it encourage you in any way?
- Our faith is not grounded in just some teachings, ancient writings, or impressions … but in a historical event – the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Imagine for a moment that you became convinced that the events of the resurrection and crucifixion as recorded in the Gospels were true (I believe they are, based on the historical evidence). How does this historical event CHANGE THINGS regarding who Jesus is and how we respond to Him? Jesus anchored His argument to Thomas based on this event, and it changed everything for Thomas. Does it change everything for you?
- What does the Bible tell you that Jesus DID during His earthly life? Make a list. What does this reveal about who Jesus is?
- Have you personally decided to believe in Jesus as your Savior and God and follow Him as Lord? Why or why not?
- What is one particular application you took away from this passage/message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen offline, click the link to download:
To listen online, use the media player below:
To watch the service, use YouTube online: