On Sunday, March 26, 2023 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Luke 16:1-13. This message was part 3 of the “In God We Trust” sermon series. Below you will find questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also find audio and video from the sermon to listen to/watch, download or share.
- Read Luke 16:1-13
- Have you ever stopped to consider the principle that we take zero dollars and possessions with us into eternity? How does remembering this cause you to think differently about the stuff (money and possessions) in our lives today?
- When you look back on your life, do you have any regrets financially? Given what we have studied over the past three weeks, is there a spiritual component to your regret? (i.e. do you have any sense that you have squandered any of the resources the Lord has entrusted to you?)
- What are some ways God is leading you to invest for the ultimate tomorrow today?
- In the message we talked about what Jesus says in Matthew 6:21 … that our heart attention follows where ever our “treasure” is. Have you seen this principle play true in your life?
- We detailed some of the ways we can serve God with our money in the message:
- Give then live (Matthew 6:33)
- Work for your wages (2 Thessalonians 3:10-12)
- Provide for your family (1 Timothy 5:8)
- Pay your taxes (Romans 13:6-7)
- Save for the (un)known (Proverbs 6:8, Ecclesiastes 11:2b)
- Plan to help others (Deuteronomy 24:19-21)
Did the Lord prompt you during this section of the message in any particular way to change any of your current behaviors regarding money?
8. What is one particular application you took away from this passage/message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen offline, click the file to download:
To listen online, use the media player below:
To watch, use the YouTube stream: