On Sunday, March 19, 2023 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Matthew 25:14-30. This message was part 2 in the “In God We Trust” sermon series. Below you will find questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also find the audio and video of the message to listen to/watch, download or share.
- Read Matthew 25:14-30
- Take an inventory … enumerate the resources the Lord has entrusted to you: Time (opportunities), Talent (skills), and Treasure (stuff). Taking a look at those resources, would you consider yourself having been given 1 “talent” or several “talents”?
- Three observations were given … one about our past (do we need to repent for any previous misdealing with God’s provision?), one about our present (are we currently playing the “comparison game” with other believers?), and one about our future (what is our plan to invest His provision in the days ahead?) Did anything in particular stand out to you as you evaluated your life in these ways?
- Like the “one talent” servant in the parable, we are also tempted to bury God’s blessing and not deploy it for His purposes. Can you relate to this? Do you have a sense that you have buried or squandered any of the Lord’s resources that He has entrusted to you?
- What are some specific ways you want to invest His blessing this week?
- What is one particular application you took away from this passage/message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen offline, click the link below:
To listen online, use the media player below:
To watch the stream, use YouTube online: