On Sunday, August 21, 2022 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Revelation 19:1-10. This message was part 1 of the “Lord of New Heaven and Earth” sermon series. Below you will find questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also find the audio and video of the message to listen to/watch, download, or share.
- Read Revelation 19:1-10.
- Given your experience, and the times in which we are now living, why do you think so many people have such a curiosity about the Apocalypse (events related to the end of the world)?
- In 19:1-5, the population of Heaven proclaims “Hallelujah” multiple – praising God for His judgment on the world’s system (personified as a “prostitute”). In your understanding, why is it appropriate (even encouraged) to celebrate the judgment of the world’s ways?
- The world’s judgment is described in graphic terms in 19:3. This seems to be a deterrent for us to stop following the world’s ways, and to worship the Lord alone instead. What things are you currently devoting too much time and energy to that will one day “go up in smoke”?
- Have you ever considered that you were being prepared for a “Royal wedding?” Have you forgotten that Jesus is the King? Did you forget that you are His Bride? How would you live your life differently if you consistently remembered who you were and who He is?
- What is one particular application you took away from this passage/message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen offline, click the link to download:
To listen online, use the media player below:
To watch the service, use YouTube online: