On Sunday, August 14, 2022 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on a survey of the book of Acts. This message (titled “The Church that Acts”) kicked off the school year at Wildwood. Below you will find questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also find Audio and Video from the message to listen to/watch, download, or share.
- Review some of the key verses from Acts that we looked at today: Acts 1:8; Acts 2:42-47; Acts 4:10-37; and any other verses shared that were of particular interest to you.
- In what ways is a church like a museum? In what ways is it different?
- When reading of the early church, there are many examples of life transformation and growth. We talked about some of them this morning (Paul, Peter, Mark). What are some of the transformations God has done that you have personally witnessed in your own life, or in the lives of those living around you today?
- The early Church grew in their faith in God and love for others. We are called to grow in these categories as well. We summarized some of the things God uses to grow our faith & love as: Word, Worship, Community, Ministry, Mission. If you desire to grow in your faith and love this year, what needs to change, what needs to stop, or should you continue to do as you seek to grow in your relationship with God?
- The first church made waves of impact in different groups, including inside the church, in their community (outside the church), among the other nations, and to the next generation. Think of each of these categories and brainstorm one way that you might be partnering together with your local church to ACT in the year ahead?
- What is one particular application you took away from this passage/message?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen to audio offline, click the link:
To listen online, use media player below:
To watch the service stream, use YouTube online: