On Sunday, June 20, 2021 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a message based on Galatians 4:21-31. This sermon was part 7 in the “New Way” sermon series. Below you will find questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also find the audio and video from the service to listen to/watch, download or share.
- Read Galatians 4:21-31
- Can you think of an example when remembering who you were, and acting consistent with that true identity, pushed toward a new way of living/acting?
- We summarized 4 attitudes toward the Law: (Law obeying/law relying, Law disobeying/law relying, Law disobeying/Law not relying, Law obeying/Law not relying.) What do you see as the differences of these perspectives? Which do you WANT to describe you?
- What kind of opposition have you experienced in life because you have followed the “Jesus Way”? Look at Galatians 1:10 and Romans 8:17. How do these verses help you respond when you experience opposition as you follow Christ?
- Why do you think Paul was so agressive his admonition for the Galatians to distance themselves from the Judeaizers?
- Are you believing the Gospel message for your salvation? Are you believing that Jesus (through the work of the Spirit inside you) can empower you for Christian living? What difference do these beliefs make in your life?
- What stands out to you most from this message? Any particular takeaway?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen offline, click the link to download:
To listen online, use the media player below:
To watch, use YouTube stream online: