On Sunday, May 16, 2021 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a message based on Galatians 3:15-18. This message was part 2 in the “New Way” sermon series. Below you will find questions related to this message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also find the audio and video of the message to listen to/watch, download, or share.
- Read Galatians 3:15-18
- Can you think of examples of people whose “promises” mean a lot to you … and those whose “promises” you ignore? What makes the difference?
- In this message we review a bit of the “salvation history” of God’s people. How does remembering this history help remind you that you are not an “impulse buy” of God, but something He saved for?
- Have you ever been tempted to promise God things? (i.e. IF you do this for me God, THEN I will …) How have those promises tended to go in your life?
- As seen in today’s passage, our salvation is not tied to our promise to God, but in His promise to us! How does knowing this help encourage you with the assurance of your salvation and your hope for spiritual growth?
- Spend a few minutes THANKING GOD for His work on our behalf through Christ Jesus.
- How are you tempted to complicate the Gospel … and how does that complication keep you from sharing your faith with others? How does remembering the simplicity of the Gospel inspire you to share the good news of Jesus freely with others? Who is someone you can share that simple message with this week?
- What stands out to you most from this message? Any particular takeaway?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen offline, click the link to download:
To listen online, use the media player:
To watch the service, use YouTube online: