On Sunday, May 9, 2021 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a message based on Galatians 3:1-14. This message was part 1 in the “New Way” sermon series. Below you will find questions related to the message for personal reflection or group discussion. You will also find the audio and video of the message to listen to/watch, download, or share.
- Read Galatians 3:1-14
- Have you ever been “bewitched” by an idea or movement that turned out to NOT lead you where you hoped it would go?
- The “fool” in Galatians 3 is one who thinks that Jesus is not enough for their salvation and spiritual growth. What are you (or those you know) tempted to ADD TO faith in Jesus as the “secret” to their spiritual growth? How does this passage warn against such notions?
- Share the story of your salvation? How and when did you first trust in Christ? How does remembering this story keep you from thinking you need “something else”?
- Paul uses 6 Old Testament Scriptures in Galatians 3:6-14 to argue that the “New Jesus Way” is the only way to salvation and spiritual growth. Which of these verses stands out to you the most, or is most impactful to you today?
- What would it look like for you to live out your spiritual life today in the “new way” of faith in Jesus, and not just in the “old way” of fleshly adherence to the law? (If you can’t answer that question fully today … don’t worry! We are only in part 1 of this 7 part series. We will talk more about this as we go!)
- What stands out to you most from this message? Any particular takeaway?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen offline, click the link:
To listen online, use media player below:
To watch, use the YouTube stream online: