On Sunday, January 24, 2021, at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Galatians 2:1-10. This message is part 4 in the “New Normal” series. Below you will find questions related to the sermon for group discussion or personal reflection. You will also find the audio and video of the sermon to listen to/watch, download, or share.
- Read Galatians 2:1-10
- When was the last time when someone tried to tell you you had to do something (or couldn’t do something) that you felt like you had a “right” to do? How did you respond? Why did you respond that way?
- What is a relatively new conviction that you have developed? Take some time and compare that conviction to biblical truth. Read a commentary about it, talk with Christian friends about it. How does your new conviction compare to those sources?
- Paul circumcised Timothy (Acts 16:3) but did not circumcise Titus (Galatians 2:1-5). Based on what we talked about in the message, why do you think Paul behaved differently in these situations? How do you apply any principles you derive from that comparison to issues of Christian liberty today?
- What are some examples you have seen of Christians (with different traditions and practices) coming together to proclaim the Gospel or to help the poor?
- What would it look like for you to keep the Gospel central and your love for people evident in this season of your life?
- What stands out to you most from this passage? Any particular takeaway?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen to the sermon offline, click the link:
To listen online, use the media player below:
To watch video of service, use YouTube stream below: