On Sunday, December 27, 2020, Global Outreach Director, Kevin Bradford’s message is based on Luke 24:44-47 and is entitled “What The World Needs Now” After reading the passage and asking for the Spirit’s guidance, the following questions may assist your personal reflection or group discussion.
- What do you see as the effect of the Covid-19 pandemic on the church in the United States?
- What does it mean for Jesus to describe His teaching as being based upon “the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms?”
- Can you think of a time when the Lord “opened your mind” to understand the Scriptures in a new way? What was the result of that experience?
- Verse 46 focuses on the death and resurrection of Jesus. What is the significance of Jesus directing the disciples’ attention to these events?
- Verse 47 speaks of a message being “proclaimed,” and the next verse of disciples being “witnesses.” Are these the same things? If not, how are they different?
- What role is Wildwood playing in proclaiming Jesus’ message “in all nations?” What role are you playing? What more do you think could be done with the Spirit’s empowerment (v. 49)?