On Sunday, August 9, 2020 at Wildwood Community Church I preached a sermon based on the book of 2 Timothy. This message was part 2 in the “5 Follows” series and focused on following Jesus into the Word. Below you will find questions related to the sermon for personal reflection or group discussion. Additionally, you will find the audio and video from the sermon (plus the sermon slides) to listen to, watch, download, or share.
- Read 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- Think of the people you tend to listen to and trust. What characteristics do they share?
- What is your attitude toward the Scripture? Do you view it as a REVELATION from God to you, or as just another book? How does your attitude show up in your actions related to how you read/study the Bible?
- The Bible is not intended to just entertain you, but to change your life. Do you typically draw applications from your study of the Bible for your life today? If you don’t, why not? When was the last time you drew an application from the Scripture and it benefited your life?
- Read 2 Timothy 1:14, 2:2, 3:14-15, 4:3-4. What stands out to you about the tone Paul sets with Timothy in these verses? Do you take a similar tact with the Bible in your life today?
- Read 2 Timothy 2:15
- What is your plan for working hard to study the Bible this year?
- What stands out to you most from this passage? Any particular takeaway?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen to sermon offline, click the link to download:
To listen to the sermon online, use the media player:
To watch the sermon, use YouTube stream online: