On Sunday, August 2, 2020 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached as sermon based on Philippians 3:17-4:1. This message was part 1 in the “5 Follows” sermon series. Below you will find questions related to the message for person reflection or group discussion. You will also find the audio and video from the sermon to listen to, download, or share.
- Read Philippians 3:17-4:1
- If you were to view August 2, 2020 as a new “January 1,” what resolutions would you make for the “new year”?
- Which direction do you feel like you are headed: toward destruction or transformation? Why do you feel that way?
- Have you ever had a situation where something looked like “life” but really was “pointing you toward death”? How did you “miss” the direction the decision was leading you toward?
- If you follow your “self” or others who think in selfish ways, you will not get where you want to go this year. When was the last year, you primarily followed “self”? How did that work out for you?
- If you follow Jesus together to the glory of God with others, a transformation awaits you in the future! What are some ways you plan to follow Him this year?
- What stands out to you most from this passage? Any particular takeaway?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen to the sermon audio offline, click link to download:
To listen to sermon audio online, use the media player below:
To watch the video stream of the service, use YouTube video online: