On Sunday, July 12, 2020 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a sermon based on Philippians 4:2-3. This message was part 1 in the “(Your World) Peace” sermon series. Below you will find questions related to the sermon for personal reflection or group discussion. Additionally, you will find the sermon audio/video and slides to listen to, review, download, or share.
- Read Philippians 4:2-3
- What kinds of things do you find Christians arguing about with one another?
- Have you ever had a time of conflict with another Christian significant enough to disrupt your group of friends, the church, or your small group in some significant way?
- Why do you think it is important for Christians to deal with conflict with each other well?
- Paul describes the path to resolving conflict for Christians as found “in the Lord.” What do you think he means by that?
- Think of a recent conflict you have had with a fellow Christian. Write down all the ways DIFFERENCES between you and the other believer showed up in the conflict? Now write down all you have in COMMON with the other Christian. Which list is greater? Which is more enduring? How does this motivate you toward pursuing unity with your fellow believers today?
- Are you willing to make a 7 day “encouragement” pledge for social media? In your personal life? How can we live this out together this week?
- What stands out to you most from this passage? Any particular takeaway?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen to the sermon audio offline, click the link:
To listen online, use the media player below:
To watch the sermon video, watch the stream via YouTube online: