On Sunday, April 19, 2020 at Wildwood Community Church, I preached a message based on Matthew 28:16-20. This message was the 10th and final message in the “Defeating Death” series. Below you will find questions related to this message for personal reflection or group discussion. Additionally, you will find the sermon audio and video from this message to listen to/watch, download, or share.
- Read Matthew 28:16-20
- What are some examples of legitimate authority that you see in the world today (examples: government, police, etc.)?
- Most authority we know has limits on its influence. Yet Jesus claimed to have limitless authority over all things. That means He has authority over all areas of our lives, not just our “religious” areas. In what ways are you tempted to think that God cares about some areas of our lives but not others?
- Discipleship begins with deciding to follow Jesus and professing that decision publicly through water baptism. Have you trusted in Jesus and been baptized since trusting Him? If so, when? If not, why not?
- Discipleship continues with obeying Jesus in every area of our lives. In what area of your life are you challenged to begin (or renew) following Jesus in a deeper way?
- Discipleship continues even further with us helping others follow Jesus also. How can you invest your life in helping others follow Jesus?
- The scope of the mission is the ends of the earth. We are to take the Gospel message to all people. What are some ways you can get involved in God’s global mission today (examples: pray, give, go, etc.)
- Jesus gives the promise of His presence to aid completion of the mission. How does the presence of Jesus with you (Spirit inside of you, and the Body of Christ around you) encourage you as you follow Jesus today?
- What stands out to you most from this passage? Any particular takeaway?
To access these questions in pdf format, click here.
To listen to the message offline, click the link to download:
To listen online, use the media player below:
To watch the sermon video use YouTube online: